California is on lockdown again and while there may be a light at the end of the tunnel starting to shine through, we still don’t know exactly how far away we are from that light.
With that said, it is important to our mental and physical health that we still maintain contact with society and stay active/ healthy. Here are a few ideas for staying sane during lockdown.
- Yoga- Yes we know that yoga is generally a social activity but the stretches and poses are great for your body, circulation and can help to calm your mind/ relieve stress as well. There are a multitude of free online yoga lessons available on YouTube with just a quick search. One of our favorites is the 30 day yoga challenge with Adriene. Check out her free channel here (https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene)
- Stay in touch- It is important for our mental health when we are in isolation…. well…. not to be isolated. Fortunately if you have an internet connection there are many ways to stay in touch with your friends and family. Some of the most popular are Skype, Zoom, Duo, Facetime and Facebook messenger. We recommend scheduling at least one web call a day to stay in touch with those close to you and to stay connected to the world.
- Support your favorite restaurant- Yes, restaurants are operating at limited service levels and that is why they need your help to stay afloat. There are plenty of options for takeout. If you are concerned about going out, there’s good news for you as well! There are many delivery options available so that you can get some delicious food and help your favorite spots stay afloat during these difficult times! Check out DoorDash or UberEats to get started!
- Take a virtual Museum tour- Many businesses have had to get creative during these trying times. The good news is that you can get some culture right from the comfort of your own home. Take a virtual tour of the Smithsonian (https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour) or The Met (https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/met-360-project) and enjoy a few extra hours in your day.
- Play video games- Look… they are not just for kids. No matter what your taste, there is a video game out there that will help you melt the hours away. It is a great way to turn your brain on to relax mode and pass some time. Some popular consoles include Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo.
What Lockdown activities did we miss? Don't forget to let us know in the comments below!